Camp Jupiter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Jupiter

The Camp for Roman demigods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Camp Jupiter!
Camp Jupiter is the sister site of Camp Half-Blood
Please read the rules and updates before making your characters or posting, due to improvements in the site. Thank you!

wow title? I don't think so (Moonie)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BEAN
Probatio

wow title? I don't think so (Moonie) Empty
PostSubject: wow title? I don't think so (Moonie)   wow title? I don't think so (Moonie) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:24 pm

wow title? I don't think so (Moonie) Tumblr_me4klm7jr11raqsyv

Hayden,

Hayden was glad that she was in the 2nd cohort. Most of the time, anyways. The kids here were as strong and hard-willed as she was, and Hayden felt more comfortable here than anywhere else. She was not a reject, and although these kids were the ones that would taunt her, they belonged just as much as she did. In fact, Hayden wasn't actually part of the legion yet. Since she was not yet 14, she was not allowed to become part of it. But that was something that was going to change soon.

Hayden slumped in her chair, doodling in her notebook. She was a good artist (or at least she thought so), but she was slow, and her subjects kept moving around. This time it was a panorama of the entire lounge. Hayden had gotten the objects down in a sketchy manner (They were to be inked in later), but the people kept moving. There were only one or two others in the cabin (to Hayden's relief), so she was not having such a hard time keeping them in one spot. The campers mostly were slouched around the couches, and they weren't really in any hurry. Hayden solidified the lines on her rough sketch, and was about to reach into the black leather bag that she always carried around when she noticed one coming towards her. The camper was much bigger than she was, and Hayden sat up immediately, clenching her pen tightly with her fist. Hayden held her head high, no matter what. Her body looked smaller in the tee shirt that no longer fit Hayden. It had once been to big, but Hayden had long since grown out of it. The ends were frayed from being caught on tree branches and other things, and her arms stuck out of it like an awkward giraffe. The kids in the 2nd cohort made fun of her for it, but Hayden didn't have any problem shouting insults back at them (or in her case, writing out big cards to stick on their backs while they were preoccupied). Hayden tried not to let some of their insults get to her, but she was an easy target. For one, Hayden was much younger than a lot of the campers, and although she had been at camp for three whole years, she was still on probatio and wasn't yet claimed. Hayden tried to ignore her father as much as possible. In the beginning, she prayed that he would claim her, but it had been three years and Hayden was done with waiting. She signed quietly to herself, hiding her hands beneath her sketchbook. One good thing about signing was that no one knew what you were saying. Hayden could talk to herself all she wanted about any person in the room and they wouldn't be able to tell anything.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: wow title? I don't think so (Moonie)   wow title? I don't think so (Moonie) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:43 pm

xander ross larkin

Xander had been out jogging with his friends, one of the few camp activities he was okay with. As long as he had friends, the rest didn't really matter. They could talk and get fit at the same time, which was the best part. The mid afternoon sun was shining brightly through the scattered pine trees as the trio of demigods went along, accompanied by Artie, Xander's beagle.

As they slowed and entered the Cohort, sweat clinging to their brows despite the chilly weather, Xander grinned and was about to take his seat, when he saw the girl there. The beagle pranced along next to him, panting and wagging it's tail. The demigod frowned at her, noticing her small size and tattered clothing. The frown faded into a smirk as he crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at her.

"You're in my spot," Xander stated, narrowing his eyes slightly. Even with his cut off and gym shorts, he didn't look very aggressive. It wasn't in the boy's nature to be, but he did get the things that he wanted. Leaning over the girl's small frame, he set his arm on the back of the chair, so he could look at her more directly.

"People don't take my spot, shrimp," he continued, Artie looking up at the girl with big eyes.
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down
BEAN
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: wow title? I don't think so (Moonie)   wow title? I don't think so (Moonie) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:45 pm

wow title? I don't think so (Moonie) Tumblr_mntcikW9Lx1su7o7po1_500

Hayden,

Hayden sat up higher in her chair. A cocky looking boy with ruffled boy was approaching. He was older than she was and a good deal bigger. No one approached Hayden unless... Hayden waited for the boy to say something. She was an easy target for bullying. While Hayden would use her fists to defend herself, words stung more than her fists did, and Hayden could not use words. It was too difficult to write out the terrible insults she wanted to scream at the kids. Hayden had gotten caught too many times with insults written on flashcards because she had no other choice. She could not utter a word back.

Freak... They would whisper, pinning Hayden against a fence so she couldn’t fight back or call for help. She was half blind and mute, but was that really reason enough to subject her to that kind of torture? Apparently it was. Hayden had been a freak in school, but now she was really a freak at camp. A freak that was in the 2nd best cohort. Hayden felt humiliated every time she was teased by the kids in her own cohort. 1st cohort kids she could understand, and give them a massive bruise, but Hayden considered it worse to be alienated by the people who she was supposed to give her undying trust to.

She was not surprised when the boy wanted her to leave the seat that she had been so happily occupying for the last 45 minutes. She crossed her arms and looked up at the boy, unwilling to read. Hayden quickly flipped to the word art in her sketchbook. In the midst of delicately drawn cityscapes, Hayden had written the words NO in very bold letters. After shoving it in the boy’s face, Hayden flipped to a clean page. You don’t own this place. I can sit where ever I want. Hayden showed this too the boy and raised her eyebrows, as if challenging him to say otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wow title? I don't think so (Moonie)   wow title? I don't think so (Moonie) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wow title? I don't think so (Moonie)
Page 1 of 1