Camp Jupiter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Jupiter

The Camp for Roman demigods

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Camp Jupiter!
Camp Jupiter is the sister site of Camp Half-Blood
Please read the rules and updates before making your characters or posting, due to improvements in the site. Thank you!

light a fire, light a spark --- [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

light a fire, light a spark --- [open] Empty
PostSubject: light a fire, light a spark --- [open]   light a fire, light a spark --- [open] I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:30 pm

light a fire, light a spark --- [open] 1zoukx2light a fire, light a spark --- [open] W12qoj

Nova Brantley
Nova didn't hate guard duty, but she sure didn't like it either. There was just something about standing outside of a locked gate that made her feel like the thing that was being trapped. Her apparel surely didn't project the image that she was on guard duty either, but she didn't care. She could wear whatever she needed to do when guarding, and she would fight that fact. Honestly, she didn't need the arrows to do damage, shapes made from darkness could do it for her. The strawberry blonde's hair was half up and half down, with her bangs placed on the back of her head with bobby pins.

Her checkered shirt was tucked into her skirt, tied together with a belt. Sandals were also strapped to her feet, providing little protection. Nova was sure she could protect herself if she needed, armor wouldn't be needed. She was a stronger demigod than most thought, this she was willing to prove. Shifting her weight from one heel to another, the girl noted movement out of the corner of her eye. A large hound moved through the treeline, silent, but obvious in the light. When it moved it's great head, red eyes seemed to stare back at the demigod. It had spotted her. She wasn't sure if it would advance towards the Roman lines or not, but Nova didn't give it the chance. Raising her crossbow, she pulled the trigger, sending a black arrow into the skull of the hell hound.

Smiling with her ever-so red lipstick, the girl turned her heel, towards another sound. The sound wasn't from an animal though,  so it must've been human. Someone could be sneaking out. "Stop, I can hear you." Nova continued to smile, jogging nearer to the sound. "I will shoot if you don't show yourself," she called in a sing-song voice. She wouldn't shoot of course, but shadows were already spinning around her fingertips if needed.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: light a fire, light a spark --- [open]   light a fire, light a spark --- [open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 12:26 am

Caspian was late. He was irritated with himself. If he wanted to become Preator, he couldn't be late, even if it was just for guard duty. He had been training, hacking away at dummies and practicing his swordplay for hours. By the time he took a break and checked the time, he realized that he was 15 minutes late for guard duty at the gate. He toweled off and sprinted towards his station. He realized that getting through the locked gate would take longer than simply hopping the wall, so that's what he did. He climbed the steps of a raised building and sprung off of the top of them, easily clearing the wall.

When he landed, he saw the dissolving form of a hellhound in the treeline. Caspian caught his breath and walked towards his post. When he turned the corner, he was faced with a crossbow aimed directly at him. He raised his hands and walked out of the brush, showing that he wasn't a threat. "I'm late for guard duty, that's all." He said, his Russian accent apparent.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: light a fire, light a spark --- [open]   light a fire, light a spark --- [open] I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:23 pm

light a fire, light a spark --- [open] 1zoukx2light a fire, light a spark --- [open] W12qoj

Nova Brantley
Nova wasn't impressed by the boy coming out from the bushes, keeping her weapon on him as he spoke. After he finished, the girl raised an eyebrow at him, her crossbow still centered at his chest. "Well, you are rather late," she agreed, withdrawing her weapon, and leaning it on her shoulder, arrow tip pointing up. Looking out at the open landscape, the girl exhaled, the shadows along her fingertips stopping. "Aren't you from the first? I didn't think they let people be so late, shame on you," Nova said, a smirk twitching onto her bright red lips.

Just as soon as her shadows disappeared, they returned, swirling faster in between her fingertips than before. "However, I still don't know if I can trust you, you were kind of sneaking around," Nova added, turning to look at the boy, her smirk now obvious as she snapped her fingers. Darkness spilled over the ground, pouring everywhere and causing a thick fog. "Tell me why I should trust you, and I won't shoot." Her voice echoed in the darkness, hiding her actual location in the woods. Normally Nova wouldn't be so forceful with her methods, but she was bored. Boredom left her no choice but to make her own entertainment.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: light a fire, light a spark --- [open]   light a fire, light a spark --- [open] I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:55 pm

"Yes, I know. My apologies." He stated, giving a small, apologetic bow. His Russian accent was thick and heavy, making the words sound very unique. At her comment about his cohort, he grinned. Finally, he was making a name for himself at camp. "The first cohort is my home, and I again give my apologies for my lateness." Caspian didn't bother making excuses. If he was going to be a praetor, he had to follow orders and accept responsibility for his actions.

When she started talking about a lack of trust, Caspian lifted an eyebrow. Why wouldn't she trust him? With a small shake of his head, he dismissed the thought. Whoever you are, wherever you are, you should never trust anyone who hasn't earned it. Before the darkness closed in, something caught Caspian's eye, giving her a reason to trust him. "Well, for one thing, the hellhound's mate is coming up behind you." He said, nodding in the direction that a second hound was slinking from. Caspian heated his hands, causing them to glow red hot and creating light in the darkness that surrounded him.

Last edited by Labyrinth-Designer on Tue May 13, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: light a fire, light a spark --- [open]   light a fire, light a spark --- [open] I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Nova Brantley
Nova watched the boy with her eyebrows raised, this was all too formal. Sure, gentlemen were always appreciated, but over the top was still over the top. She noted his Russian accent, finding it amusing as the smoke continued to curl around her fingers. She also noticed the smile on his face at the mention of 'first cohort', and figured the guy was trying to run for praetor. Apparently anyone who wanted to be anyone would want to be praetor. Personally, Nova chose the more background power roles.

Even if he was from the first cohort, she didn't trust him. If anything, his want for a leadership role only made her want to despise him more. The girl had a thing about rejecting the rules of her superiors, and this was just another reason. Just before the darkness slipped in, she caught something he said, making her spin around to see the monster barreling towards her. "Well then," Nova muttered softly, about to bring her crossbow up, when it's large paw swiped it away from her. She felt warmer than a few seconds ago, and looked up to see the boy's hand erupting into a hot red light. Nova didn't have time to look long, as she got to her feet, ready to continue the fight against the hell hound.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: light a fire, light a spark --- [open]   light a fire, light a spark --- [open] I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:25 pm

Caspian was shocked to say the least when the hellhound knocked the girl's crossbow out of her hands. She was obviously a capable fighter, but the hellhound had probably taken her off guard. It only took a split second for Caspian to run up next to her, taking a fighting stance in preparation. Suddenly, the hellhound sat down and howled towards the sky. Due to the darkness coating their surroundings, Caspian could only see the glowing red eyes of the back up this certain hound had called to her aid. The beast in question then snarled and started walking towards them, her legs poised to pounce upon them at any second.

Once the hound was a few meters away, it did just that. Caspian stepped forward, directly in front of the beast, and forced his red hot fist into it's throat. The substance of the monster melted under the intense heat as his fist burned a hole through the hellhound's neck. After withdrawing his fist, the hound dissolved into golden dust, leaving about 6 pairs of eyes circling them, bodies hidden in the darkness.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: light a fire, light a spark --- [open]   light a fire, light a spark --- [open] I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:59 pm

Nova Brantley
Nova didn't want to be a damsel in distress, she preferred doing things for herself. However, when she was weaponless and slightly dazed, a little help was appreciated. The way that the  boy's fists melted the hell hound's throat terrified her, but she tried to keep a straight face as she searched for her weapon. Realizing that it was a little difficult in a sea of thick blackness, she relaxed, and the color began to dissipate. As the darkness cleared, the girl noted the three other hell hounds staring back at them.

She had just enough time to grab her crossbow, but it had been damaged in the fall, leaving it useless to her. Nova exhaled angrily, looking at the monsters that surrounded the pair of them in a circular formation. "Damn,"' Nova breathed, grabbing the knife from her belt. Sure, it was unfitting to have a weapon strapped to you while wearing a skirt, but she didn't care.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: light a fire, light a spark --- [open]   light a fire, light a spark --- [open] I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 1:33 am

Caspian was focused. He set his goal and would stop at nothing to achieve it. Right now, that goal was to eliminate the threats around him. With his left hand still glowing red, he drew his cutlass with his now cooled right hand. He pounced at the hellhound on the far left, streaming past it. In the process of this action, he grabbed onto it's fur with his left hand, smoke rising from the burnt fur. The hound's howl of pain was cut short when he swung himself over it's back and decapitated it with his blade. Caspian tumbled to the ground as the monster dissolved into golden dust.

There were very few thoughts running through his mind while this happened. Simple commands were issued to his body: Run. Slice. Kill. Soon enough, he had a second hellhound in his sights. At this point, he hadn't even noticed that the darkness that previously surrounded them had disappeared. His gaze was set on his prey and his prey alone.
Back to top Go down
moon
Admin
Admin
moon

PostSubject: Re: light a fire, light a spark --- [open]   light a fire, light a spark --- [open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 10:29 pm

light a fire, light a spark --- [open] Nz3tvlight a fire, light a spark --- [open] 2u6pefl

Nova Brantley
Nova watched the red glow on his hands, the sight scaring her and interesting her at the same time. She hadn't ever seen a sight like that before, and it certainly was effective in the assisting the act decapitating hell hounds. The boy's movements seemed mechanical, like they were drilled into his mind, obvious second nature. "What the hell - " The demigod turned to the boy, her knife still in hand. The last of the monster prowled around the pair of them, its eyes focused on the two guards intently.  " - are you?" She let the question hand there as she smirked at the monster in front of them.

Her eyes weren't nearly as focused as they should've been, but she walked like she was heading over to murder someone in cold blood. The monster shifted as Nova neared it, backing up slightly. The girl's knife was short, but hopefully effective. She had better aim than speed, but she wasn't concerned. Slashing downwards at the beast, it snarled, blood trickling from its nose. A paw came her way, and the girl narrowly missed it, sidestepping at the proper second. The move allowed her to stab at the monster's flesh once more. It whimpered, but then growled, its eye boring into her. Nova simply smiled in response, charging at the beast. Narrowly missing the fangs of the hell hound, she rolled, stabbing upwards into the chest of the beast, right under the rib cage. Golden dust fluttered to the ground, sprinkling into her flaming red hair. "That was fun," Nova muttered, smiling widely.
outfit
Back to top Go down
Labyrinth-Designer
Probatio

PostSubject: Re: light a fire, light a spark --- [open]   light a fire, light a spark --- [open] I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 5:24 pm

After decapitating one hellhound, he saw two remaining. He focused on one, leaving the other as he knew the girl would deal with it. He chose a more simple strategy this time and threw his cutlass through the air, the blade spinning and turning before burying itself in the hellhound's skull and clattering to the floor as the beast dissolved. He turned to see the girl surrounded by the golden dust of a dead monster and he smirked. He always was able to appreciate a good fighter.

"I'm sorry, did you ask me something?" He asked. When he went into battle, he often made the choice to shut off the outside world, meaning that he didn't see or hear anything that wasn't immediately relevant to the fight. He knew he wouldn't do that while in a war. After all, if an order was yelled out he would need to hear it, but in one-on-one battles like this it wasn't a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: light a fire, light a spark --- [open]   light a fire, light a spark --- [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

light a fire, light a spark --- [open]
Page 1 of 1